Friday, August 22, 2014

Sister Spotlight: Carly N.


Where were you born and where did you grow up?
I was born in New Jersey, but I grew up in Belmont, Massachusetts, which is right outside of Boston.

What is your dream vacation spot and why?
I am really hoping it is Spain since we are spending 11 days there this month!  Granted, I will be watching the BYU women's basketball team play 5 games, but the rest of the time we will be sightseeing and going to the beach in northeastern Spain. 

Who is your favorite scripture hero and why?
Esther. Such a great example of courage and faith. 

Name some of your hobbies/interests
I like journaling (no that's not a joke- I have more than 15 journals for myself since I turned 8 and I keep journals for each of my kids). I also enjoy playing sports, reading, and family budgeting. I sound like a super fun person, right? :)

Do you have a calling in the ward? If so, what is it?
I am the 4th Sunday Relief Society teacher. I have only taught twice but I am enjoying it.

What is something on your bucket list?
I really want to take my kids to Disneyland. I cannot wait to see their faces when we go some day. 

What is your favorite treat or dessert?
This is probably the hardest question because I pretty much love all desserts and rarely go a day without having one. Tonight I had a Cafe Rio Tres Leches, so let's go with that. 

What is your favorite way to relax?
Probably reading or watching tv shows with my husband after the kids are in bed. 

Name something you do really well
This is random, but I am good at organizing parties on a budget. It started when I planned my own wedding on a tight budget. Then I planned my 3 sisters weddings (which, by the way, were way better than mine since I didn't know what I was doing with mine). When I was planning my wedding I kept a spreadsheet with vendors, prices, etc. and now many of the girls from my ward in Boston use that spreadsheet to plan their weddings as well. 

What is something you would like to learn how to do?
I would really like to learn about cars. I would also love to be able to take beautiful pictures of my kids. 

Tell us a little bit about your family (kids, etc)
I have been married for 9 years to my husband Daniel. We met at BYU when I was 17 and he was 19. We have 3 little girls- Sadie (5), Elise (3) and Camille (3 months). 

Tell us something we may not know about you.
My given name is actually Carolyn. My parents named me that, but have always called me Carly. Even when I was getting in trouble. My mother-in-law's name is Carolyn, which means that I will never go by that. Too confusing to have two Carolyn Nielsons in one family. 

1 comment:

  1. How fun to learn more about you Carly. Have a wonderful time in Spain I am sure you will love it. That is if you even get to see this before you return! I love the name Carolyn but Carly is super cute. So glad that you are in our ward.
    Robby

    ReplyDelete