Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Sister Spotlight: Rochelle S.



Where were you born and where did you grow up? 
I was born in Durban, South Africa and grew up there. I came to the United States about 12 years ago to obtain a postgrad degree at BYU. 

What is your dream vacation spot and why?
I have so many dream vacation spots because I love to travel. Some of the places I would like to visit though would be Russia, Australia (because of my neighbor) and the Caribbean islands.

Who is your favorite scripture hero and why? 
I think my favorite scripture hero is King Benjamin - he was the epitome of service, humility and kindness. Status, riches and worldly possessions didn't matter to him- he was a true leader. He served his people until he died. He led by example and didn't just preach to them. 

Name some of your hobbies/interests.
I love exercising, hiking, mountain or road biking on a "tandem" with Bob, visiting beautiful places, snorkeling and scuba diving, reading books that interest me and spending time with my family and friends. 

Do you have a calling in the ward? If so, what is it? 
My most favorite calling so far!!! I love it!!! I get to serve the Primary children in the ward by being their Primary President. 

What is something on your bucket list? 
I want  to serve a mission with my husband. 

What is your favorite treat or dessert? 
I love See's Candies and Ben and Jerry's ice cream. 

What is your favorite way to relax? 
To be away from my kids for a couple of hours doing anything else but seeing to them. ;)

Tell us a little bit about your family.
Bob and I have 7 kids in total from 26years to almost 6. He had 4 children when we married. We met on a blind date (yes, they do work). I am East Indian. My family has been in South Africa for several generations.  My mom and I are the only members of the church in our family. 






No comments:

Post a Comment