Thank you Amy W. for your inspired Mother’s Month, which has knitted our hearts together in unity and love via our RS blog. As a tribute to you Amy (with permission from your sweet Nancy at BYU-I) we are sharing this beautiful poem Nancy wrote about you.
A Mother’s Day Tribute to my mom, Amy W.
The Time of Daffodils
By: Nancy W.
As the sun rises on this Glorious Morning--
I watch as Yellow Daffodils stir and look
Toward the glowing light,
Their Heads lifting in pride and glory.
I close my eyes and sink into thought
About the One Person I’m most grateful for--
I see the memories of our Times together that
We’ve had thus far, both happy and
Sad, angry and forgiving.
I hear her voice of many tones
As she articulates words of love, understanding
And counsel, words I consider priceless,
For she has taught me profusely,
Including the knowledge of
“Who the best” Really is—
She is my Hero,
The Greatest of the Great and my Best Friend.
She is always with me.
I feel the wind on my face as I
Smile broadly and open my eyes to
Once more see the Yellow Daffodils,
Those same Flowers that make me
Think of you, my Wonderful Mater. (Mother, In Latin)
And I Thank You again and again
For bringing me into this Earth,
In this Specific Time,
so that I Say to you:
“I love you, Mommy!”





No comments:
Post a Comment