Bless you, dear sisters of the Manila 12th
Ward. Your mother hearts inspire me and strengthen me. Your selfless
acts of service bless the lives of so many. Thank you. I feel
truly honored to call you my neighbors and friends. I love you.
Recently, I have been reading chapter
9 in "Daughters In My Kingdom". I was touched as I
read President Hinckley's blessing upon the women of the Church:
"May the Lord bless you, my beloved
sisters. … May you be strengthened for the challenges of the day. May you be
endowed with wisdom beyond your own in dealing with the problems you constantly
face. May your prayers and your pleadings be answered with blessings upon your
heads and upon the heads of your loved ones. We leave with you our love and our
blessing, that your lives may be filled with peace and gladness. It can be so.
Many of you can testify that it has been so. The Lord bless you now and through
the years to come, I humbly pray." (DIMK, p. 165)
I testify that the peace and gladness
that President Hinckley spoke of can come to each one of our mother hearts as we
strive to honor and keep our covenants. Peace and gladness can fill our souls
when we allow the enabling power of the atonement to fill in the gaps and make
up the difference when we feel we fall short. As we circle in the
strength of our Relief Society, my hope and prayer is that each one of us
can fully realize how truly noble and great we are.



No comments:
Post a Comment